[CES 2012] Razer unveiled the Switchblade prototype at CES last year, and this year’s Project Fiona sees a somewhat similar experience, although the gap of one year has certainly gone a long way in ensuring that Razer’s Project Fiona will come with far superior specifications and a more polished design. The Project Fiona will incorporate elements of a PC and a tablet into a solitary gaming platform that is portable. Running on an Intel Core i7 processor, it was specially designed to be able to cater to higher-end PC games. In fact, a teaser trailer that you can view after the jump will show the Project Fiona run notable graphically intensive titles such as Firefall and Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.
Razer claims that the Fiona is capable of running a slew of PC games natively, which would certainly carve a smile on the faces of developers since there is no need to port games over. For those who are too used to a mouse and keyboard gaming configuration, the Project Fiona compensates for that with its (hopefully) intuitive built-in controller-like interface. The presence of dual handles on either side will feature buttons and analog sticks, while force feedback adds to the immersion level. The 10.1″ display at 1280 x 800 resolution should not draw any complaints from anyone, and Dolby 7.1 audio is even supported – amazing for something so small. CEO Min-Liang Tan mentioned, “The user interface we have designed for Project Fiona allows all existing PC games to be played right out of the box and also provides game developers new opportunities as they develop next-gen games on a highly intuitive platform.” No idea on a release date, but the stork will be ferrying developer units very soon.
Next Story: Crocheted Spock Ears
- 2014-03-24: Razer Struggling To Get OEMs Onboard With Project Christine
- 2014-03-18: Afrojack Delivers New Music App For Razer Blade Pro
- 2014-03-12: RAZER Blade Laptop Gets QHD Touch Display, New GPU
- 2014-03-06: Razer Unveils Green & Orange Mechanical Keyboard Switches
- 2014-02-25: Razer Blade Laptops Come In Limited Edition Koenigsegg Model
- 2014-01-08: Razer's Project Christine Makes Upgrading Computers A Piece Of Cake
- 2013-02-26: Razer Edge Available For Pre-Order Starting March 1
- 2013-01-08: Razer Edge Gaming Tablet Gets Launched
- 2012-01-11: Razer Naga Hex is perfect for DotA
- 2012-01-04: Razer teases "Project Fiona"