Last week, the Indonesian Postel website revealed the name of the Kumquat as the Xperia U and now it looks like they’ve revealed yet another name. According to its website, the LT22i currently known as “Nypon” will be called the Xperia P at launch. Seeing how Sony has been using a single letter naming system (except for the Xperia ion) recently, it makes sense. It also falls in line with the company’s Tablet P and Tablet S names.
The Mobile World Congress 2012 is less than a month away, where the phone is expected to be announced, so we’ll find out more about it soon enough. What do you think of this new naming system? Were you a fan of what Sony used last year, or do you prefer the single letters?
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2013-03-28: Sony Xperia P Jelly Bean Screenshot Leaked
- 2012-11-12: Sony giving away a limited edition 24K gold Xperia P smartphone
- 2012-08-17: Android 4.0 ICS rolling out to the Sony Xperia P today
- 2012-02-26: Sony Xperia P announced (updated with video)
- 2012-01-18: Sony Ericsson sends out invites for Mobile World Congress 2012