With Mobile World Congress just around the corner, you can be sure that Sony, having shed the “Ericsson” part for their smartphone range, has something up their sleeves – with the Xperia S (see our demo) being the most recent model to be announced at the recently concluded CES in Las Vegas. Two more Xperia smartphones have photobombed a group photo, where the larger model at the bottom should probably be the Xperia Nypon, which will be powered by a NovaThor U8500 chipset, sporting a 4″ qHD Reality display and an 8-megapixel camera with 1080p video recording capability. At first glance, it does resemble the Xperia S, although the specifications are noticeably different. Same phone for a different market, perhaps?
As for the smaller Xperia handset, this particular model should bandy the codename Kumquat, where it will continue where the Xperia mini left off. Word on the street has it that this is also based on the NovaThor U8500 chipset, although your eyes will be treated to a smaller 3.5″ FWVGA Reality display that has a 5-megapixel camera that does 720p video recording. Certain quarters claim that this could very well be the Xperia Pepper that was leaked previously. Patience is the name of the game here, as we will just need to wait for MWC to happen next month and all will be revealed, this I am sure. We also saw another leaked prototype model earlier today – you might want to check it out.
Next Story: Steve Jobs action figure canceled
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”