Microsoft India’s store has fallen under the indignation of being hacked – and even as at press time, the homepage remains inaccessible, with Microsoft posting up the message, “The Microsoft Store India is currently unavailable. Microsoft is working to restore access as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.” Who is the individual/team behind this attack? EvilShadow’s 7z1&Ancker, who seems to hail from China, has claimed responsibility indirectly due to the small flag and blog links on the hacked page (which has since been removed, of course), and there is no word on what the hackers’ motivation is.
Of course, for those of you who want to access different product categories on Microsoft Store India’s site, you can do so by going to the category directly – perhaps there is a URL in your history which you can refer to in the past? Apart from that, the database has also been exploited, and with all the passwords saved in plain text, the damage borders on the catastrophic compared to just a website being defaced. If you have registered at Microsoft India Store at any point of time, do make sure you change your password as soon as possible – this is not the time to procrastinate.
Next Story: LG Fantasy E740/Miracle photo leaked
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2010-03-11: Microsoft Azure Unveiled In India