We talked about Nokia Maps Suite beta for Nokia Belle being announced yesterday, and in that suite, the Finnish smartphone company threw in Nokia Public Transport which not too many details were revealed about it. Well, it seems that Nokia has shed more light on this app, where it offers integrated and free voice guided turn-by-turn walk navigation so that you can explore cities and urban areas on foot, throwing in stuff that normally only locals know about such as shortcuts and footpaths, now how about that? However, should you decide to take the bus or tube instead, Nokia Public Transport caters to this as well, so that you can get around without missing a beat.
Offering the most convenient underground, trams, buses and suburban trains directions in nearly 80 cities or urban areas worldwide, all the relevant details will always be on hand on your Nokia smartphone, doing away with the need to tote around travel cards, tourist info cheat sheets, timetables or network maps. Another advantage of using this would be doing away with the need to fold up pesky maps. Not only that, destinations can be saved for easier navigation in the future. Nokia Maps for Nokia N9 and Nokia Maps for Nokia Lumia will also deliver public transport directions just in case you were wondering.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Note comes in Berry Pink
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility