What you see above has been speculated by some to be the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone which will be announced sometime later this year (instead of at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona at the end of this month), although the form factor looks really weird. A foldable display does seem most likely in the model above, and if that were to be true, such a prototype would certainly set tongues wagging. After all, no phones to date have a flexible display, and this would definitely send plenty of attention Samsung’s way when released. The South Korean consumer electronics giant is known for changing their designs at the last minute, as evident by the Galaxy Tab 10.1 that was sent back to the drawing board in order to beat out the iPad 2 as the thinnest tablet in the market.
Perhaps there are a few Galaxy S3 prototypes going around, and the folks at Samsung are finding it hard to pick one that will be sent to production lines. Would you be happy with a flexibled Super AMOLED Plus display? Do you think the above is the real deal, or is it just a red herring to throw you off trail?
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March