Let’s face it – at some point in time, we have bought certain products because a celebrity or a public figure we respect endorses it. This has ranged from sports apparel, to food and drinks and even our gadgets. Adding to the list of endorsements would be Samsung Electronics who has recently been awarded the Queen Royal Warrant in the UK, a first apparently for any AV/TV product maker.
For those unfamiliar with the award, it is basically awarded to people or companies who have provided the The Queen with goods or services for a minimum of five consecutive years. According to Samsung, from 2006 till 2011, a grand total of 100 “premium TVs and AV products” have been supplied to the royal family, along with round the clock maintenance by a “royal family service team”. The warrant also allows the company to display the coat of arms on company holdings for the next five years.
While indeed kudos to Samsung for being awarded such a prestigious award, we have to ask if the royal family’s confidence in Samsung cast a more favorable light on their products and services, or does it simply make no difference to you at all? More information on the Queen Royal Warrant can be found at the British Monarchy’s website.RELATED
- Google Glass Wearer Evicted From Seattle Eatery
- 3D Scanner Technology Does Not Need Much Light At All To Create Clear Images
- LG Tone Ultra Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced
- President Obama's Speech Gets Printed In 3D
- Seattle Restaurant Ejects Patron For Wearing Google Glass
- Follow: Samsung,
- Seen at: global.samsungtomorrow