According to the latest rumors online, Sony is working on an unannounced gaming console that will be making use of AMD’s graphics technology. Since the only console Sony could possibly be working on right now is the PlayStation 4 – unless of course Sony is planning to release yet another console alongside its PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3, Android tablets and smartphones. The report comes from Forbes which claims that former employees of AMD tipped them off with the information.
In case you didn’t know, the PlayStation 3 is powered by NVIDIA graphics technology, while the Xbox 360 makes use of AMD’s. With the PlayStation 4 being pretty far from an official announcement, we’ll just have to wait and see. But AMD recently announced at its analyst day last month that gaming will be one of several trends that will drive revenue growth at AMD this year, so we could be on to something here. What do you think? Or it doesn’t matter to you, as long as you get to play all your favorite games on the console?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-02-03: PS4 Update 1.60: Headset Support, Gold Wireless Headset Coming “Soon”
- 2013-12-06: 8-Hour PSN Maintenance Taking Place On December 9
- 2013-11-20: This Gamer's PS4 Remains Untouched After A Tornado Destroyed His Home
- 2013-11-19: Sony's $399 PS4 Costs $381 To Build [Report]
- 2013-11-18: PS4 Blue Light Of Death Fixes Suggested By Sony