We do know that Sony does have plans this coming Mobile World Congress in Barcelona that is happening next week, with the Xperia U spearheading the effort, but here we are with the Sony Xperia S running through a plethora of benchmark tests. This is the first dual-core smartphone from Sony, and it will feature a 1.5GHz Snapdragon S3 processor underneath the hood alongside the Adreno 220 graphics processor – making it the above average student who falls short of getting distinctions each semester. Well, you know for sure you would not end up frustrated with the Xperia S, but it definitely is not going to win Phone of the Year awards anytime soon.
Just what are some of the results scored in benchmarks? If you are too lazy to go through the video, you ought to know that it garnered a wee bit more than 3,000 on the new Quadrant, slightly above 6,400 on AnTuTu, while the GPU managed to push 38fps on the NenaMark2 benchmark – decent, but not mind blowing in any sense. It should make for a decent multimedia smartphone – now if only it will be released sooner rather than later.
Next Story: Angry Birds Space: new teaser released
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2013-06-17: Sony Xperia S Could Get New Firmware Update
- 2013-06-04: Sony Xperia S Gets New Jelly Bean Firmware
- 2013-05-27: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Delayed
- 2013-05-24: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Now
- 2013-05-23: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Update Release Rumored