Windows 8 is going to be the next big thing since sliced bread, or at least, that is what Microsoft wants us to believe. It did not feel too long ago that Windows 7 was introduced, so it is nice to see Windows 8 being announced as being available for testing today as Microsoft does their bit to compete with Apple and Google on the mobile device front as this touchscreen operating system will not only run on computers, but does well on tablets, too. Microsoft’s effort will see the public being given the opportunity to experience a free trial of Windows 8 from today onwards.
The entire Windows experience is said to have undergone a reinvention, and the ’tile’ interface is certainly a start, as it is friendly on both the desktop computer or on a mobile device. There will be two variations in Windows 8, where one works on desktops and notebooks, while the other will run on devices that have ARM microprocessors inside, such as tablets, smartphones and other portable devices. No idea on when the release is, but autumn should be the date you are looking for if you have already set your heart on getting Windows 8.
- 2014-04-02 Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2014-04-01 Users Migrating From Windows XP Prefer Windows 7 Over Windows 8
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft "Strongly" Encouraging OEMs To Bundle OneNote With Windows 8.1
- 2014-03-19 Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19 Microsoft Employee Responsible For Windows 8 Leaks Arrested