There isn’t going to be a new Xbox this year – but that doesn’t mean rumors about it are going to stop. According to the folks at Xbox World magazine, who were informed by its sources – the next Xbox “will be a matt-black media hub with a mission to bring games to life in your living room with augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player, finger-tracking Kinect.” The magazine also claims that Microsoft is currently experimenting with a tablet-like controller that features a shape similar to the PlayStation Vita – which in this case includes the touchscreen display in the middle as well (think Wii U).
The touchscreen is said to be “second only to Kinect in how you operate your console. It could be a remote control when you’re watching TV, a browser when you’re on the internet, extra buttons and information when you’re playing a game or a portable display when you want to take your game with you.”
The next Xbox is also said to cost as much as £399 – about $628. A little on the pricey side don’t you think? Then again, it could be the standard price of our next generation consoles. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. What do you think of the Xbox 720 having a touchscreen on its gamepad?
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-05-21: Xbox 720 Expected To Begin Mass Production In Q3 For Q4 Launch
- 2013-05-20: Xbox 720: Everything To Look For
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-20: Next Xbox Event Expected To Feature IllumiRoom [Rumor]
- 2013-05-15: Microsoft Points Getting The Axe In Time For Next-Generation Xbox Release [Rumor]