[CeBIT 2012] Fujitsu is coming to CeBIT with a new 14-inch Ultrabook prototype that looks very promising. I personally love the design of the red version, it is stylish, elegant and offers high quality build for an amazing light weight (1.5kg – 3.3 lb) packaged in a thin magnesium housing. For comparison, the 13-inch Macbook Air is 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)., since the Fujitsu is one inch larger we can tell that it is similar.
The device exhibited at CeBIT is a prototype mockup with no software running inside, and Barbara D’Introno, Director, Product Marketing Workplace Systems, was not allowed to tell me much about the technical specifications. I hope that the announced weight take into account the final functional hardware that will be inside, although Fujitsu did not say anything regarding components, we could expect to get the 3rd generation Intel Core processor inside. We will know more in the Summer when the device, codenamed Lifebook Premium Ultrabook, will get its final name and will be introduced in the market.
The new generation Lifebook premium version boasts a 14-inch frameless display, fingerprint sensor, and various security and business features that will not be supported by the mid-range version (which I did not see yet). You check all the connectors in the video.
Additionally, the device will be 3G UMTS and 4G LTE ready for the relevant markets, it will launch first in selected countries in Europe, according to Fujitsu. It will be available in red and silver but we cannot provide further information about pricing.
Hopefully we will know more in the upcoming months.
- 2014-03-09: Fujitsu Wants To Use Palm Vein Sensors In Place Of Fingerprints
- 2014-02-25: Fujitsu Prototype Tablet Has Haptic Screen Technology
- 2014-02-20: Fujitsu Glove-Style Wearable Device
- 2013-12-20: Fujitsu To Expand Raku Raku's Availability n Europe
- 2013-12-19: Fujitsu Stylistic Q704 Tablet To Arrive In The US For $1,499
- 2013-03-08: Fujitsu LIFEBOOK E-Series Launched at CeBIT 2013
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2012-03-07: Fujitsu M532 tablet hands-on [+video]
- 2012-03-07: Intel touch display Ultrabook reference design: hands-on
- 2012-03-07: Gigabyte U2442V and U2442N Ultrabooks - Hands-on