Remember the Google Play domain names that were registered by Google last week? Well, it turns out that the name isn’t going to be used for its alleged upcoming tablet. Google announced today the introduction of Google Play – basically a consolidation of all its online content services. Yes, this means Google Music, Google eBookstore and the Android Market will all be merged into one service – Google Play. From now on, whatever you need to purchase from Google will be available on one single service.
Fortunately for us consumers, we won’t have to do anything – all the migration will be handled by Google, and we’ll just have to log in to Google Play just like any other Google service. Having all its content available from the same place also makes it easier and more convenient to make various purchases, so there’s no longer a need to hop from store to store.
In addition to the launch of Google Play, Google will also be offering a different album, book, video rental and Android app at a special price each day for the next week in its “7 Days to Play” sale. Talk about generous! Today’s album will be Now That’s What I Call Music 41, game – Where’s My Water, novel – Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and the movie Puncture for just 25 cents each. A pretty sweet deal if you ask me. A selection of albums, novels, movies and apps will also be receiving discounts this week.
Look out for an app update on your Android devices in the coming weeks, but in the meantime head over to the Google Play website to check it out.
Next Story: Calibur11 Mass Effect 3 Vault available today
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21 Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-03-17 Google Play Services 4.3 Arrives
- 2014-03-17 Google Play Games Receives Virtual Gifts
- 2014-03-05 Google Play Games Version 1.5 Arrives
- 2014-02-03 Google Play Services 4.2 Released On Android Devices
- 2014-01-09 Google Play Services 4.1 Delivers Turn-Based Multiplayer Support