The new Apple TV was launched at Apple’s event, and one of the more significant upgrades/features that made its way onto the new Apple TV was support for 1080p Full HD videos, allowing users access to 1080p movies and TV shows from the iTunes store. Well to reflect those changes, the iTunes 10.6 update has officially been launched and is now available for download.
The update will give users access to 1080p videos amongst other improvements, such as improved song matching for Apple’s $24.99-per-year iTunes Match service, improved artwork handling, downloading and display, and it also appears to have address the issue of some songs skipping when playing directly from iCloud. The release of the iTunes 10.6 update was launched just yesterday alongside iOS 5.1, so it should be available for download now if you have yet to receive the notification.
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-10: Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-04-03: Apple App Prices Raised Already By Up To 30% In Australia
- 2014-03-31: iTunes Radio Explicit Filter Not Quite Up To Scratch
- 2014-03-23: 2007 Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl OST Hits iTunes
- 2011-11-10: Apple may be holding back a Hulu Plus app for Apple TV (Rumor)
- 2011-10-25: Apple TV project said to be led by Jeff Robbin
- 2010-02-10: $1 TV Downloads For The Apple iPad?