The new Apple TV was launched at Apple’s event, and one of the more significant upgrades/features that made its way onto the new Apple TV was support for 1080p Full HD videos, allowing users access to 1080p movies and TV shows from the iTunes store. Well to reflect those changes, the iTunes 10.6 update has officially been launched and is now available for download.
The update will give users access to 1080p videos amongst other improvements, such as improved song matching for Apple’s $24.99-per-year iTunes Match service, improved artwork handling, downloading and display, and it also appears to have address the issue of some songs skipping when playing directly from iCloud. The release of the iTunes 10.6 update was launched just yesterday alongside iOS 5.1, so it should be available for download now if you have yet to receive the notification.
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-21 Apple Reportedly 'Very Serious' About Mobile Payments Service
- 2014-04-20 First Generation Apple TV Facing Issues When Connecting To iTunes
- 2014-04-11 High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10 Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-04-03 Apple App Prices Raised Already By Up To 30% In Australia
- 2011-11-10 Apple may be holding back a Hulu Plus app for Apple TV (Rumor)
- 2011-10-25 Apple TV project said to be led by Jeff Robbin
- 2010-02-10 $1 TV Downloads For The Apple iPad?