Just to get a brief idea on how much the Raspberry Pi computer was in demand, here is a statistic that you might be able to identify with – we are talking about 700 units per second. That amounts to 42,000 each minute, and it is no wonder that the demand for the Raspberry Pi during its recent launch actually led to the website crashing. This is truly a phenomenon, where a British-designed system that costs a mere £22 is in such high demand, at least according to one of its main distributors in the UK. Meant to make programming a snap as well as accessible for children, the Raspberry Pi also picked up plenty of envious glances over from a Middle East country that is outlining plans to furnish each schoolgirl with a Raspberry Pi. This is one unique case study that goes to show how the most powerful hardware necessarily “wins” in the long run, giving people what they want and need tend to ensure victory instead.
Next Story: DIY Night Biking Glove
- 2014-04-08: Raspberry Pi Compute Module Introduced
- 2014-03-31: See Quake III Played On A Raspberry Pi
- 2014-03-23: Raspberry Pi HDMI Input Capability Via Kickstarter Project
- 2014-03-11: Raspberry Pi Add-On Sound Card
- 2013-11-18: Raspberry Pi Sales Cross 2 Million