Ever wondered what it’s like to control a car using a smartphone? You’re not alone as the folks over at Xperia Studio have thought about it too and decided to make it happen. Using the addictive racing game: Reckless Racing 2 as inspiration for the project; they modified a couple of MGF cars to make them controllable by smartphones. The end result? Life-sized cars that could be controlled as though they were in the game.
A race track was then created a track for the cars, and the creator of Reckless Racing 2 was pitted against an expert gamer/journalist in a time trial match. A pretty impressive feat if you ask me – it’s amazing what you can do with a smartphone these days. After all, phone controlled cars used to be something you only saw in movies. Check out the video of the race above.
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6