This photo is supposed to show what the new Samsung Galaxy S3 will look like. It’s a rendering, and if we are to believe that this image is real (let’s stretch our imagination for a moment), it seems to have come from a public relations PowerPoint file (WeberShandwick is a PR agency). It’s very unusual because a PR company wouldn’t normally put its logo on there…
According to the leak, Samsung will unveil this new device in London on May 22nd at a Samsung Unpacked event. These “unpacked” have become quite a tradition, so this could very well be true, and a European launch seem plausible as it was the case with the Galaxy S2, and yes, despite its reputation for being gloomy, London could be the place.
In terms of design, the phone seems extremely thin (7.89mm – a number that turned out to be bogus), and it seems like a very nice device, even if the white version looks like it has a “bumper” (a reference to Apple’s rubber case) around it. On the image, you can also see that the bezel around the display is becoming ever thinner. It’s hard to believe that Samsung would go for this black ring around the white phone. It seems like a design faux-pas, and this undermines the credibility of this leak, in my view.
In any case, note that this is yet different from an earlier leak, that didn’t feature the “Home” button on the phone. The lack of home button would be consistent with what was started by the Galaxy Nexus. I am personally in favor of a button-less phone (except for volume and power). This is another detail that seems inconsistent with a next-gen Galaxy S handset.
Unfortunately, the launch date is potentially the most interesting thing in this rumor. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is about to attain “mythical” status by getting as high on the rumor mill as the iPhone itself. If you remember, the Galaxy S2 was announced at mobile world congress and launched in May. Is it time to prepare for impact? What’s your take and what do you expect from a Galaxy S3?
Next Story: Flight Control Rocket now available
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March