We know that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the highly-anticipated devices of 2012, but what can we expect to see from the phone? Well if you guessed a quad-core processor based on how fast the adoption rate of quad-core processors have been this year, you would be right on the money according to a Samsung executive. The anonymous executive revealed to the Korea Times that the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be utilizing the company’s very own Exynos 4412 quad-core processor, ultimately making the Galaxy S3 the first phone from Samsung to utilize the technology and at the same time cutting down Samsung’s reliance on Qualcomm for their chips.
While this piece of news seems to corroborate our earlier post regarding an alleged leaked photo, unfortunately none of this can be confirmed officially at the moment, but like we said, given the rate of adoption for quad-core processors this year, it would not be a stretch of the imagination if Samsung were to turn to quad-core processors for the Galaxy S3, so take this with a grain of salt for now and check back with us at a later date for more info!
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March