Trust a creative agency to come up with a truly unique take on the idea of a classic Pong game – BBDO Germany were commissioned with the task of branding the Smart Fortwo electric drive as a “fun” ride, apart from the obvious fact that the Smart Fortwo is a friend of nature. This has led BBDO Germany to come up with eBall, a project that is heavily inspired by the classic game, Pong, where two vehicles (the Smart Fortwo in this case) will double up as a controller, where laser measurement technology will be utilized in order to follow the cars’ movement, while the blow-by-blow account of the “game” is projected over onto to a large screen display for all and sundry to look at (and place their wagers, if they are a betting person). Such stop and start situations will not bode too well for the vehicles in the long run though.
Next Story: Lego to build artificial bones
- 2013-11-22: Who Needs Google Glass When You Can Have The Sony Smart Wig?
- 2013-11-01: Smart Glasses Use High Contrast Images To Help The Blind See
- 2013-03-29: Smart Herb Garden Grows Herbs, Vegetables Without Sun Or Soil
- 2012-10-01: Smart ForStars concept car has built-in projector
- 2012-04-18: eBall sees cars used as controllers in Pong clone
- 2011-09-01: Smart ForVision Electric Concept Car