In February, the Facebook app for Windows Phones got an update to version 2.3 which brought about a new design as well as better performance. This time around, the team behind the Windows Phone Facebook app claims that it has been listening to feedback from users via comments, emails and other information from the Windows Phone Marketplace which point to what users want the most out of their Facebook application.
The next update which is reportedly close to being released will bring new features like threaded messaging, friend tagging for posts and venues, the option to delete either posts or comments, the ability to type out an active link in posts and finally the ability to ‘Like’ comments. The update will bring the Facebook app for Windows Phones up to version 2.5.On top of that the team will be tweaking the photos comments and ‘likes’ pages to match the new features.
While the changes seem minor, the Facebook for Windows Phone team believes that the upcoming update will address many of the issues brought up by users. There is currently no news of when the update will officially land but according to the team, the next version of the Facebook app is already at its final testing stages after which the next step will be a shove into the Windows Phone Marketplace that can be expected soon.
- 2014-04-22 Research On Facebook Unfriending Impact
- 2014-04-22 WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2014-04-17 Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-03-10 Facebook Messenger For Windows Phone Is Topping The Charts
- 2014-03-04 Facebook Messenger For Windows Phone Arrives
- 2013-04-18 Facebook Updates Windows Phone App To Fix Issues
- 2013-04-18 Facebook Windows Phone 8 App Runs Into Issues
- 2013-04-07 Microsoft Believes Facebook Home Imitates Windows Phone