Ford recently announced that they will be working on what is deemed to be the first all-electric pace car in the world, coming in the form factor of the Focus Electric hatchback. It was purposely set to lap the oval at the Richmond 400 at the end of April, where the official Focus Electric NASCAR pace car was unveiled to the masses at the Richmond International Raceway recently. While large and strategically placed decals will definitely do their bit to ensure the EV Pace Car stands out from the rest of the crowd, it would be interesting to see it lead a pack of NASCAR vehicles right behind it. Do you think that an electric vehicle has a place on the racetrack, or should it all just be petrol powered engines for such high octane events? One can more or less expect some hard revving action right behind the Focus Electric, as the NASCAR drivers are raring and ready to unleash the accelerator onto the track.
- 2014-02-27: Ford Sync May Not Necessarily Dump Microsoft For BlackBerry
- 2014-02-23: Ford Sync System May Switch From Microsoft To BlackBerry
- 2014-01-22: Ford's New Automated Driving Research Projects In The Pipeline
- 2014-01-10: Ford Hybrid Semi-Solar Vehicle Could Usher In A New Era Of Green Rides
- 2014-01-08: Ford CEO Alan Mulally Debunks Rumors Of Being Next Microsoft Boss