The HTC One X has just been introduced in many countries around the world, and needless to say, there is already at least one unboxing of it floating around, but even more interesting news for power users of the new smartphone from HTC is this – it has just been rooted through a flash of ClockworkMod Recovery and SuperSU. Basically, if you are game to root your device (that is, gaining developer level access to the device in order to fool around with some of the files which HTC does not want the normal user to do), then surely it would mean the voiding of your warranty as well as the risk of bricking it – for good. To know how to go ahead with the rooting process of the HTC One X, head on here after the jump.
Firstly, you will need to visit HTCDev.com and follow the instructions to unlock the bootloader of your HTC One X, followed by downloading and setting up the full Android SDK. Interim ClockworkMod (CWM) Touch Recovery and a CWM-flashable version of SuperSU will need to be downloaded, followed by hooking up your HTC One X to your computer via USB. As for the rest of the instructions, the nitty gritty can be found here. Just be careful and do make a backup of your existing data if you are feeling extra adventurous!RELATED
- BBM Shows Signs Of Popularity In India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines
- BlackBerry 10.2.1 Reportedly Launching In January 2014
- Study Finds iPhone Most Expensive In Jordan And India
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Follow: HTC, HTC One X, rooting,
- Seen at: redmondpie