The Ikea UPPLEVA TV was first revealed to the world a couple of days ago, and now here we are with additional information concerning the UPPLEVA TV. Translated as “Experience TV” from Swedish to English, the UPPLEVA TV will debut in the US sometime in April 2013, giving you a whole year to save and perhaps work out your finances to qualify for an Ikea Friends credit card just in case you do not want to make a one-time purchase and prefer to go for monthly payments. Choices are always in abundance with Ikea, which is why you can choose from four different sizes, ranging from 24″ to 46″ at the largest.
Chinese electronics company TCL will deliver the TV segment of the UPPLEVA, while the cabinet will obviously be Swedish inspired, coming in an all-in-one design. It seems as though this is a hark back to the good old days of fat, chunky CRTs that came with their own wooden cabinets which had sliding doors – do you still remember those? Sitting down on a Klippan sofa and watching your favorite movie on the UPPLEVA TV while munching on some meatballs is as Ikea as you can get by this time next year.
- 2013-08-05: IKEA Unveils New Augmented Reality Catalogue
- 2013-04-14: Robot Helps You Assemble IKEA Furniture
- 2013-04-14: Robot Programmed To Help In Building IKEA Furniture
- 2012-10-11: Robots to assemble your IKEA furniture
- 2012-07-20: Ikea 2013 catalog gets companion AR app