It seems that there has been a leak of a Microsoft Roadmap that detailed future products and releases, including Office 15, Internet Explorer 10 as well as Windows Phone details, meaning Microsoft has ideas for the desktop and mobile platforms without remaining too comfortable with where they are at the moment. Should the leaked roadmap be accurate, we could very well see Internet Explorer 10 arrive sometime this year, perhaps at the same moment when Windows 8 debuts as well? As for Office 15, it will enter the beta testing phase sometime from the middle of this year onwards, arriving as the final and polished product sometime next year.
Windows Phone users will also be able to look forward to a launch sometime this summer which has been labeled as “future investments”, and Windows Phone Apollo, will most probably be on peoples’ minds. After all, what else could that be?
I do wonder at times whether leaks of products as well as a company’s future direction were done on purpose so that sufficient attention can be generated to pique the interest and awaken the curiosity of the masses.
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft Discounting Windows XP Support For Enterprise
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2013-04-22: Windows 8.1 Preview And Windows Server 2012 R2 References Discovered In Leaked Build
- 2013-04-21: New Windows 8 Leaked Build 9374 Shows Off Kiosk Mode
- 2013-04-16: Windows 8.1 Leaked Build 9369 Hits The Internet
- 2013-04-09: Windows 8.1 Build 9374 Also Known As Pro Preview
- 2012-08-02: Final version of Windows 8 leaked online