Those who are familiar with the Mass Effect franchise will know that there has been a fan campaign that lobbied for a different ending in Mass Effect 3, and true to BioWare’s word, Mass Effect 3 is not the end of the story, as there are more yarns to be spun. Having said that, we have received word that the Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut ending DLC (downloadable content) will arrive sometime later this summer as a free download. This free DLC pack will throw in more cinematics as well as epilogue scenes, although BioWare stopped short of announcing that it will change whatever has been released so far. Those who are rocking on to Mass Effect 3 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC should be able to look forward to this free download in a few months’ time.
According to Mass Effect 3 executive producer Casey Hudson, “We have reprioritized our post-launch development efforts to provide the fans who want more closure with even more context and clarity to the ending of the game, in a way that will feel more personalized for each player.” Hopefully it will not ruin the overall story any further, but rather, add more value to the entire shebang.
- 2014-03-03: Remastered Mass Effect Trilogy Being Considered For PS4/Xbox One
- 2013-12-18: Mass Effect 4 Is Already Playable
- 2013-12-09: BioWare Hopes To Share More Mass Effect Details In 2014
- 2013-03-04: Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC Highlighted In New Trailer
- 2013-03-03: Mass Effect: Foundation Comic Series Announced By Dark Horse
- 2013-02-21: Mass Effect 3 Receiving Two New DLC Packs On Feb. 26, Mar. 5
- 2012-12-12: Next Mass Effect Coming In 2014 Or 2015, Says BioWare