Microsoft’s Windows Phone platform could be considered to be a competitor for iOS and Android, and it looks like Microsoft has wasted no expense at pushing their platform onto the masses in a recent campaign called Smartphone Beta Test. In a series of videos, Microsoft/Nokia appears to be poking fun at their iOS and Android competition by pointing out several of their competitors’ “flaws”. This includes the “death grip” which iPhone 4 owners refer to as the “Antennagate” incident, and OLED displays that are popular amongst Samsung and other Android manufacturers. Putting their rivalry aside for just a moment and assuming these videos aren’t an April Fool’s gag, these ads are pretty hilarious, so if you want to see the rest of the videos, head on down to the Smartphone Beta Test website linked above.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-02-24: Nokia's Move To Android, What Does It Mean?
- 2013-08-23: New Windows Phone Ad Highlights The Lumia 1020's Camera Abilities
- 2013-02-14: Android And iOS Capture 91.1% Global Market Share
- 2012-12-10: Microsoft References Office Applications For iOS In Support Documents