With the launch of Intel’s Ivy Bridge processors last week, we guess it did not really come as a surprise to start seeing more computer manufacturers update their range of desktops and laptops with the new chipsets. The good news is that if you’ve been a fan of Samsung laptops all this while, the Korean manufacturer has just announced its Series 7 Chronos 17 laptops with the Intel’s third-generation Core i7 processors built into it.
Featuring a chassis made from brushed aluminum, the Chronos 17 will sport a 2.3GHz Intel Core i7-3615QM processor under its hood with 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 1TB HDD, a slot loading Blu-ray drive, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and NVIDIA’s GeForce GT 650M as its GPU of choice with 2GB of VRAM. The Chronos 17 will also come with a 17.3” 1920×1080 display, built-in JBL speakers, 8 hours of battery life and clocking 19 seconds in boot time thanks to the Quick Boot feature. No word on pricing or availability just yet.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014