Adding to the Samsung Galaxy S3 frenzy is another rumor about the smartphone’s notable specs, apparently taken from AnTuTu’s benchmark database. As previously reported, it seems that the CPU is point blank. We’re staring at the Exynos SoC clocking at 1.4 GHz, although we are also hearing rumors that the Exynos could be a dual-core.
Contrary to some rumors saying that the GS3 will be arriving with a 2 GB RAM, it’s a bit surprising to see that it only has 1 GB of RAM. The 4.7-inch display with 720 x 1280 resolution also appears to be reasonable as well as the cameras – a 12 megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2 megapixel at the front. Of course, there’s no doubt about the SG3 serving Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on top of TouchWiz UI when it arrives next month.
A word of caution though: due to the media build-up, rumors like these aren’t highly reliable. It’s even raising more questions than answers. But overall, we’re very excited for the SG3 (we wouldn’t be talking much about it if we aren’t). We’re excited, in particular, about the SG3′s actual performance when compared to the HTC One X’s Tegra 3 SoC – currently the fastest chip in the planet.
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March