According to reports, it seems that prior to Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram, Twitter was reportedly interested in buying the company themselves. So now that their social media rival has gotten their hands on the popular photo sharing community, what does Twitter have in mind? A possible acquisition of an Instagram rival? While that might make sense on some level, Twitter’s CEO, Dick Costolo, has come forward and said that they have no such plans at the moment.
“You can look at all sorts of other similar cases in the past when an event like this happens and people try to react to it. Copying it is never a good idea, at least history would say it’s not a good idea.”
He went on to reveal that Twitter would be keeping to their strategy, one of which involves improving its API so that companies will be able to build their products into Twitter.
- 2014-04-23 Twitter Experiences Tsunami Of Malicious Messages
- 2014-04-22 NYPD Twitter Effort Ends Up As A Disaster
- 2014-04-22 ‘Speed’ Movie Recreated On Twitter
- 2014-04-22 Twitter Could Help Predict Crime
- 2014-04-18 Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2013-12-17 Instagram Verified Accounts Not Coming Anytime Soon
- 2013-11-19 Social Media Experiment Proves How Easy It Is To Find Out Things About A Total Stranger
- 2013-09-25 Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake Show Us How Silly #Hashtags Really Are
- 2013-08-25 US Open To Feature Social Media Wall
- 2013-06-28 Number Of Vine Shares On Twitter Drop Following Instagram's Video Announcement