Facebook has just launched the App Center today. The social networking giant hopes to give developers additional avenue to grow their apps and create opportunities for their apps to be successful. Facebook’s App Center will be coming in a few weeks on the web, as well as in iOS and Android Facebook apps. The App Center will be the new central place to look for great apps. So, for instance, if you are using the App Center via an Android smartphone, and enter a specific name of an app, you will be directed to the the app’s Google Play page to proceed with the installation. The same process can be done on your iPhone or iPad.
Basically, the App Center will direct users to both App Store and Google Play platforms. On the App Center, all apps have a “detail” page that helps you see what makes a particular app unique and worthy to be installed on your device. All developers will be required to create an app detail page in order to be included in the App Center. “Before creating your app detail page, read the guidelines to ensure your page does not get removed. App detail pages that are eligible for the App Center will be reviewed prior to being listed and priority will be given to those apps that submit before May 18,” Aaron Brady of Facebook said.
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App