A few days ago, we reported that in conjunction with their two-year anniversary, Halfbrick Studios was expected to release an update for their highly popular iOS game, Fruit Ninja. Dubbed the biggest update that they have ever released, if you’re an avid Fruit Ninja player, you might be interested to learn that the update has already arrived as they had promised! All players would have to do is head on over to the iTunes App Store and download the update and they’d be all set for some fruit slicing action.
For those who might have missed out on the news, the update is expected to introduce several new game changing features, such as the introduction of Starfruit currency which players can use to buy items and powerups that will help them in their games. These purchases can be made via Gutsu’s Cart and includes Bomb Deflects, Berry Blasts and Peachy Time. Starfruit can be gained by completing games which based on what I’ve seen so far, will be about 10% of what your final score is. Alternatively players will be able to purchase Starfruit currency using real money if they choose to. No word on when the update for Android will be arriving, so at the moment it looks like it’s limited to iOS devices for now.
- 2013-07-19: Halfbrick Unveils Colossatron: Massive World Threat Game For Mobile
- 2013-04-09: Fruit Ninja Manages To Get A Magazine Of Their Own
- 2013-01-02: Play Fruit Ninja With A Real Knife On The Lumia 920
- 2012-12-19: Fruit Ninja game gets re-enacted in fan-made video
- 2012-06-21: Fruit Ninja played on the Samsung Galaxy S3 "like a boss" using a real knife
- 2012-05-24: Fruit Ninja two-year anniversary update now available for download
- 2012-05-21: Fruit Ninja celebrates two-year anniversary with a huge update on the 24th of May
- 2011-12-30: Fruit Ninja played by a cat (video)
- 2011-12-06: Fruit Ninja plushies now on sale
- 2011-10-10: Fruit Ninja returns in Boots next week