Heads up HTC One X owners, it seems that there have been several reports (via Android Central and XDA Developers) that there is a messaging bug plaguing some One X devices. For those who own the One X and are wondering what we’re talking about, the reports have suggested that the bug affects messages in two ways. One is that users will not be notified about new messages incoming via the status bar, and a badge on your Messaging home screen will not display a new message either. What this means is that users will have to open the Messaging app in order to check for new messages. While this does not seem like a very big deal, it can be highly inconvenient especially when you are expecting important text messages.
In any case HTC has acknowledged the bug and has stated that only a small number of One X devices are facing this issue. Reports have also suggested that this bug extends from AT&T’s version to global versions as well. Either way HTC has announced that a software update to address the issue is being worked on although no word on when the update will actually roll out. If you’re experiencing this issue, be sure to check back with us as we will keep you informed on when the fix has been released.
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2014-01-13: HTC Denmark: HTC One X+ Misses Out On Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2013-08-08: HTC One X+ Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Begins Rolling Out
- 2013-05-16: HTC One X To Get Zoe And BlinkFeed With Sense 5.0 Update
- 2013-03-07: AT&T HTC One X Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-06-13: HTC will not lower standards to cater for the low-end market