Don’t get the title wrong, nobody from Apple went up to a microphone, tripped over and yelled out the words “the MacBook Pro will ship with a Retina display!” as his nose made contact with the stage. On the other hand, this bit of information comes from speculation that is based on what seems to be some solid ground. Apple has released a very minor update to its Mac OS X which bumps the OS up to version 10.7.4. While most people would just download it for the sake of downloading it, it apparently contains a glimmer of a hint that Apple’s upcoming MacBook Pro will feature the crystal-clear Retina display. The icon for Apple’s TextEdit application has grown in resolution from 512 x 512 to 1024 x 1024.
This rumor is further substantiated by the fact that the icons for the App Store and Launchpad in the OS X Mountain Lion preview had also made the jump to a 1024 x 1024 pixel resolution, the evidence speaks for itself. Besides that, Intel which also revealed that the MacBook Pros would be powered by its Ivy Bridge processors stated that the chips can power Retina displays with resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 pixels. To put that into perspective, it is apparently about four times that of the current generation 13-inch MacBook Air and Pro. With the rumored launching date in April long passed, there has been no news as to when the MacBook Pro for 2012 will reveal itself. But until then, take this information with a pinch of salt because there is no news that gets the blood flowing better than official news.
Next Story: 2012 MacBook Pro Appears in Benchmarks
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07 Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-03-15 Retina MacBook Pro Owner Files Lawsuit Against Apple Over Ghosting Display
- 2013-02-13 MacBook Pro With Retina Display Prices Updated
- 2012-08-27 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display already in production?
- 2012-08-13 Possible 13" Retina Display MacBook Pro spotted in benchmarks
- 2012-06-22 Blizzard to optimize Diablo 3 further for the Retina Display MacBook Pros