The folks over at Roku have not been sipping Pina Coladas while enjoying themselves on a yacht somewhere – no sir, in fact, they have been working hard to deliver yet another software update which will bump up the version number to version 4.7, where this new software update will play nice with the following devices from Roku – the Roku 2, Roku LT and the new Roku HD. Obviously, which self-respecting software upgrade will come without introducing any new improvements and fixes? So too, does version 4.7 deliver a slew of “under the hood” improvements and fixes which you can read about after the jump.
- Added support for channels that use Microsoft Smooth Streaming
- Added improvements to support several new partner channels to launch in 2012
- Improved stability of the new Roku HD player
- Improved Roku device discovery on Roku iOS and Android mobile apps
- Fixed a bug related to French localization
You will be able to obtain the Roku software update automatically as long as your Roku 2, Roku LT and new Roku HD players are connected to the Internet, and this rollout is tipped to happen over the next two days. For those who cannot wait, marshmallow kids will just have to do it the manual way, that is by selecting Settings > Software update > Check now from your Roku player.
Next Story: Updated Bing officially launches in the U.S.