One of the perks to rooting Android phones or jailbreaking iOS devices is that it allows tweaks and modifications that might have otherwise been restricted in the official capacity. Now if you own an iPhone and you feel that your handset’s signal could be stronger, there is a jailbreak tweak for that in the form of SignalRefresh. Apparently this is a tweak that will help boost the radio signals in your device, which means that the days of suffering with poor signal strength could be over. According to Remond Pie:
For the sake of clarity it is worth noting that SignalRefresh in no way contains any kind of hidden magic or offer any guaranteed solutions for users who may be suffering from severely poor and permanent signal. The package essentially acts as quick way of accessing deeply buried system settings and serves only to refresh the network and Wi-Fi settings in the hope that when it comes back online it picks up a stronger signal.
We haven’t tried it out for ourselves, but according to those who have, it seems like it does work as intended. However if you’d rather not jailbreak your iPhone, alternative means of helping to lock onto a stronger signal would be to enable and disable Airplane Mode. However those with jailbroken iOS devices can download the SignalRefresh tweak via the Cydia store from the BigBoss repository for 99 cents.
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2013-06-11: 3DBoard Jailbreak Tweak Brings Parallax Effect Onto Jailbroken iPhones
- 2013-04-18: Chinese App Store Clone 'KuaiYong' Installs Pirated iOS Apps Without Jailbreaking
- 2013-03-29: iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-04: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days