If you’re living in Europe and you’re wondering how best to spend your summer vacation, how does playing the PlayStation Vita sound? You might have been bogged down at work or school so spending your entire summer playing video games sounds like a great idea, we hope. If it does and you have been eyeing Sony’s latest handheld gaming console, you will be pleased to learn that as far as European markets are concerned, Sony has announced that they will be slashing €50 off the PlayStation Vita’s price tag. Before you think that this is an indication that the Vita is doing badly, it isn’t as this price slash is part of a promotion that will start on the 1st of June and will last until the 15th of July.
According to SCE Europe VP Philippe Cardon, “The PS Vita is the latest generation of handheld console and more than 1.8m have been sold worldwide since its launch [...] With this offer we want to make it more accessible to the greatest number with the approach of summer vacation.” No word if this offer will be making its way stateside or to the rest of the world, but if you’re living in Europe and have been meaning to get the PlayStation Vita, perhaps the €50 price cut might be able to persuade you.
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-04-16: Sony Xperia SP Users Experiencing Screen Flickering After Recent Update
- 2014-04-16: Sony's New 4K TVs Will Be Released In The U.S. This June
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2013-10-22: PSN Holds Halloween Sale Dropping Prices On The Last Of Us, The Walking Dead And More
- 2013-10-07: PS4 Dedicated App 'PS4 Link' Releasing On PlayStation Vita In November
- 2013-10-01: PS4, PS Vita Bundle Being Reconsidered By Sony
- 2013-09-09: Sony Publishes Promotional Video Highlighting New PS Vita, PlayStation Vita TV
- 2013-09-09: PlayStation Vita TV Won't Run All Vita Games