This Volkswagen hover car is a concept vehicle that is used for personal transportation in the same way a modern car is employed. You must steer it, like you would a normal vehicle, but the only difference is that it’s flying in the air. So far we’ve seen a few of them, in movies that is. But little did we know that Volkswagen is already working on a hover car concept. The German car maker challenged a few of the folks in China to submit their ideas of what the car of the future must look like. Volkswagen studied more than 119,000 ideas submitted to its People’s Car Project website and chose three concepts, the Hover Car concept being one of them. For more hover car goodness, check out the video after the break.
The People’s Car Project debuted in China last year. The Hover Car is a two-seater zero emissions vehicle that hovers above the ground using electromagnetic road networks. It has distance sensors that keep the craft from colliding with other vehicles on the road. The car will be controlled by a nice-looking joystick that, based on the video below, is quite easy to use. While Volkswagen’s Hover Car is very cool, it’s important to note that it is still a concept and that it is still a far cry from the actual “car of the future” that we want to drive.
- 2014-02-27: ZelectricBug Is A 1963 Beetle That Runs On EV Power
- 2014-02-25: Venom Is World’s Fastest Production Car
- 2014-02-21: Volkswagen Golf GTE Plug In Hybrid Revealed
- 2013-08-12: Upside Down Car Unveiled
- 2013-06-26: Wireless Dash Warning Light Warns You Of Slowing Traffic
- 2013-06-06: This 1984 Dodge Colt Has Been Modified To Look Like A Bumper Car
- 2013-03-12: iPad Used To Drive A Car In Russia
- 2011-04-18: Volkswagen unveils the next generation Beetle
- 2011-04-05: Bugatti 16C Galibier sedan will go into production