Earlier this morning, we took a gander at supposedly leaked specifications for the 13.3″ MacBook Pro, and 9to5Mac has received yet another specifications sheet which was sent (obviously) anonymously to them, and it clearly resembled the kind of packaging that Apple places on their computers. If this were to be true, it clearly laughs in the face of Tim Cook’s recent comments that Apple wants to double down on their secrecy surrounding new and upcoming products. Back to the more pressing matter at hand – the 15-inch MacBook Pro for this year is said to be thinner and lighter compared to its predecessor, while sporting a higher-resolution display.
That would clearly place it somewhere in MacBook Air territory, where the new 15-inch model is said to be 0.74″ thick and tips the scales at 4.7 pounds. Apart from that, expect to have a quartet of USB 3.0 ports accompany the MacBook Pro, a 2560 x 1600 high-resolution Retina Display, 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, a 750GB hard drive, and an AMD Radeon HD 7770M graphics processor. Expect it to carry a FaceTime HD camera, Thunderbolt port, Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, an SDXC card slot, FireWire, and Ethernet port as well.
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-03-05: 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Has Fan Speed Issues
- 2013-02-13: MacBook Pro With Retina Display Prices Updated
- 2012-10-23: Retina MacBook Pro 13 announced
- 2012-08-27: 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display already in production?
- 2012-06-15: 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display coming?