According to the folks at Bloomberg, if you were planning on attending Computex which will be taking place next week, it seems that you might be able to catch a glimpse of the first few Windows 8 tablets that might be hitting the market. Companies such as Acer, ASUS and Toshiba are reportedly set to roll out several different types of Windows 8 tablets at the exhibition. Now it seems that the majority of these Windows 8 tablets will be powered by Intel chipsets, although the Windows RT version will be powered by ARM and according to Bloomberg, one particular ASUS tablet might even come with an NVIDIA chipset under its hood.
Considering that Windows RT tablets have usually been showcased while encased in glass, we have to wonder with the launch of Windows 8 coming up, will exhibition goers finally be able to get their hands on these tablets and take them for a spin? We guess we will have to wait and see, so be sure to check back with us next week for both Computex and E3 coverage!
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-09-19: ASUS And Acer Merger Rumor
- 2013-09-02: Acer Rules Out Merger With ASUS Or Lenovo
- 2013-08-08: Acer To Increase Focus On Google-centric Products
- 2013-07-18: Acer Iconia W3 Review