The Nintendo Wii U pricing has yet to be revealed. This, unfortunately, was not announced at E3 which left many to wonder how much they could expect to pay upon its release. While Nintendo might have assured potential customers that the price will be “pleasantly surprising”, it’s still pretty vague and “pleasantly” will range from customer to customer. That being said, it seems that Amazon UK might have jumped the gun as they had previously listed the Wii U for £199.99 (~$300). This is no doubt a pretty good price as it isn’t a lot more expensive compared to the Wii, not to mention it is new as well.
This led to many customers placing their pre-orders for the device, and if you were one of them, you might have already received an email informing you that your pre-order has been cancelled. According to the email sent out to customers, the listing was apparently made in error, although in all honesty the pricing was the main error here. Was the cancellation due to the Wii U being priced higher, or lower than what Amazon UK had listed, or was the retailer simply taking a shot in the dark with the pricing? Either way we will keep our eyes peeled for more Wii U news, so check back with us in the future for the updates on the situation.
- 2014-04-21: Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2013-03-27: Amazon Expands X-Ray Feature To TV Shows On Kindle Fire, Wii U
- 2012-06-21: Amazon Germany lists the Nintendo Wii U for the 21st of December for €399.99