Never turning back on his word when he talked about a new discount program in January this year at Apple’s Town Hall session with employees, CEO Tim Cook has approved the implementation of the program starting today. Cook previously said that Apple will be giving back the favor to its employees who have worked so hard for the company, saying that Apple employees will soon be given $500 discounts on new Mac purchases and $250 discounts on the new iPad in June.
Today, Apple employees – who have been working for the company for at least 90 days – will be able to avail the discounted Macs and iPads via Apple’s internal employee portal. As announced by Tim Cook, employees can purchase Macs with a $500 discount and iPads with a $250 discount on them accordingly. 9to5Mac notes that the Mac mini isn’t included and that the discounts are already on top of the existing 25% discount. Also, the Retina display MacBook Pros reportedly are not included on the list.
Next Story: Amazon Appstore launching in Europe this summer
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-01-28: Apple Q1 2014 Earnings Announced
- 2013-11-14: Apple To Spend $10.5 Billion Next Year To Secure Exclusive Manufacturing Deals
- 2013-07-02: Apple's Back To School Promotion Offers Gift Cards For iPhone, iPad, Mac Purchase
- 2013-04-09: Apple Patent Connects iPhone To Mac Automatically Through Proximity System
- 2013-03-22: Blizzard Announces Free-To-Play Card Game, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft