It was just last month when we reported about Facebook’s App Center that hopes to be the new place for its users to find great apps. Also, it promised to give developers more ways to grow their apps. Business Insider released a report a few days ago citing a source who said that Facebook’s App Center will be launching in the coming days. Today, we’re hearing reports that the presumed App Center has been leaked in iOS. It seems that a tad of iPhone users are already seeing it go live.
TechCrunch was able to grab a few screenshots of Facebook’s App Center and the interface, as you can see above, does look very similar to what Facebook showed to us last month. The publication asked Facebook for a statement, and the social networking giant allegedly replied, “Since we announced the App Center to developers last month, we’ve been testing it with a small percentage of users. We have no further details to announce at this time.” The screenshots seemed to also reveal that the App Center will allow users to view the apps that are being used by their friends as well.
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-08: Facebook On iPhone Could Be Responsible For Huge Battery Drain
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-25: Facebook Announces 1 Billion Monthly Active Mobile Users
- 2014-03-10: Facebook Messenger For Windows Phone Is Topping The Charts