If you can still recall, last month, we said that Apple could introduce iOS 6 on top of its own maps app at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference. We also pointed out, based on rumors and its acquisition of C3 Technologies last year, that the Cupertino-based tech giant will be ditching Google Maps soon. The assumption all the more intensified when several screenshots of Apple’s purported maps app were leaked this week. True enough, there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has time. That’s because today, Google is sending out invites for a press gathering this coming June 6. Based on the invitation and the image that you can see above, the said event will clearly highlight Google Maps and its next dimension.The invitation reads:
At this invitation-only press gathering, Brian McClendon, VP of Google Maps and Google Earth, will give you a behind-the-scenes look at Google Maps and share our vision. We’ll also demo some of the newest technology and provide a sneak peek at upcoming features that will help people get where they want to go – both physically and virtually. We hope to see you there.
With Apple holding its WWDC beginning June 11, where the company might unveil iOS 6 and hopefully the rumored maps app as well, things are indeed getting interesting.
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-03-30 'Google Naps' Finds You Places To Sleep
- 2014-02-27 Google Maps Names A Brooklyn Block As The “Drug Section”
- 2014-02-19 New Google Maps Finally Exits Preview
- 2013-12-13 Google Maps Navigation (Beta) For Android Arrives At Another 25 Countries
- 2013-11-18 Google Maps Image That Depicts Murder Investigation Removed