A couple of days ago, we reported that thanks to a leaked document, details of Microsoft’s next-gen Xbox might have been revealed. Granted that leaked documents do not necessarily point to it being legit, we were rather skeptical and generous doses of salt was taken with the news. Now it seems that Microsoft has finally responded to the leak, although their response was worded rather weirdly as they did not confirm nor deny the legitimacy of the leaked document. In a statement made to the folks at Eurogamer, this is what Microsoft had to say about it:
“We understand there is great interest and anticipation for what comes next for Xbox and we are lucky to have customers who are so passionate about the platform.
“Today, there has never been a better time to own an Xbox 360 console. We have found new ways to extend the console lifecycle by introducing controller-free experiences with Kinect and we’ve re-invented the console with a new dashboard and new entertainment content partnerships.
“We are continually thinking about the future of the platform and when we have something to share, we will.”
What do you guys think? Is Microsoft playing coy or are we reading too much into things?RELATED
- Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Collector’s Edition Now Available
- Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- The Elder Scrolls Online Launches On PC, Mac On April 4, 2014
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Follow: Microsoft, xbox 720,
- Seen at: gamesthirst