A couple of days ago, we reported that thanks to a leaked document, details of Microsoft’s next-gen Xbox might have been revealed. Granted that leaked documents do not necessarily point to it being legit, we were rather skeptical and generous doses of salt was taken with the news. Now it seems that Microsoft has finally responded to the leak, although their response was worded rather weirdly as they did not confirm nor deny the legitimacy of the leaked document. In a statement made to the folks at Eurogamer, this is what Microsoft had to say about it:
“We understand there is great interest and anticipation for what comes next for Xbox and we are lucky to have customers who are so passionate about the platform.
“Today, there has never been a better time to own an Xbox 360 console. We have found new ways to extend the console lifecycle by introducing controller-free experiences with Kinect and we’ve re-invented the console with a new dashboard and new entertainment content partnerships.
“We are continually thinking about the future of the platform and when we have something to share, we will.”
What do you guys think? Is Microsoft playing coy or are we reading too much into things?
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Updates Office Online With Tell Me, Commenting And More
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Product Codenames Leaked For June-July Release
- 2013-05-21: Xbox 720 Expected To Begin Mass Production In Q3 For Q4 Launch
- 2013-05-20: Xbox 720: Everything To Look For
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-20: Next Xbox Event Expected To Feature IllumiRoom [Rumor]
- 2013-05-15: Microsoft Points Getting The Axe In Time For Next-Generation Xbox Release [Rumor]