Motorola just announced that they will be releasing a new version of the RAZR smartphone that will be released exclusively for the market in China, where it will be known as the Motorola RAZR V XT998, sporting a completely new design compared to the RAZR that we all know and identify with at the moment. In front, the RAZR V XT998 will feature a new set of thin, long grills at the top and bottom, coupled with a 4.3-inch display that is sandwiched in between. There will be a lack of physical keys right in front for a very simple reason – the Motorola RAZR V XT889 will be powered by the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, in addition to implementing the use of on-screen keys, just like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
At the back of the RAZR V XT998, you will find a familiar Kevlar coating which will curve upwards near the top. At that part, you will find a 8-megapixel camera sensor with LED flash alongside a loudspeaker. The underside of this handset will remain similar to the current RAZR, save for its CDMA/GSM dual-mode connectivity. No idea on pricing, but the RAZR V XT998 should already be on sale in that part of the world today.
- 2014-04-18: Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2012-09-05: Motorola RAZR MAXX HD Officially Announced, Arrives With A Heavy-Duty Battery
- 2012-08-13: International Motorola RAZRs reportedly receiving Android 4.0 ICS update
- 2011-12-30: European Motorola DROID RAZR gets maintenance update
- 2011-10-18: Motorola Droid RAZR Preview
- 2011-10-18: Droid RAZR: "Impossibly Thin"+LTE