Windows Phone 8 is still some way off, but in the mean time, there is a stop-gap measure that was talked about earlier today as well, which would be the Windows Phone 7.8. We now have word from Nokia that the Nokia Lumia 900 will be on the receiving end of the Windows Phone 7.8, which is something that might just happen in a few weeks’ time. At least this will be a “preview” as to what will come with Windows Phone 8, which has still some months left to go.
Nokia’s US Twitter account mentioned that Windows Phone 7.8 will be made available to the Nokia Lumia 900 in the coming weeks ahead, and that certainly leaves plenty of room to interpretation as to what “coming weeks ahead” amount to. After all, 8 weks can still constitute two months if one wants to play the role of a cheeky information dispenser, no? No idea on the kind of features that the upcoming Windows Phone 7.8 update will bring along with it, but surely we keep our fingers crossed that Nokia will not skimp in this matter.
Next Story: Aviary photo editor arrives on iOS and Android
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well
- 2014-04-03: Hands-On : Nokia 630 And 635 Review
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Icon Review
- 2014-03-07: Nokia Brags About Windows Phone Apps
- 2014-03-03: Nokia Discourages Developers To Copy UI Elements From Other Platforms