If you consider yourself a skateboarder and you’d like to get your hands on a new iPhone case, then this particular case dubbed the SkateBack might be worth checking out. Created as a collaboration between Grove and Lindsay Holmes of MapleXO, these iPhone cases are actually made out of recycled skateboards, which according to its creators are 100% made from repurposed manufacturing waste. The SkateBacks are created by gluing together layers of skateboard waste and is sourced from skateboarding manufacturer, PS Stix. There are currently three designs available – Vibrant, Calm and Neutral and are compatible with both the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S. So if you’d like to do your part for the environment or just to show your love for skateboarding, then pop on over to Grove’s website where you will be able to order one for $49. Unfortunately according to the website, the shipping time for the SkateBack will be in 2-4 weeks, so it looks like prospective buyers will be in for a wait.
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display