At expected, the Sony Xperia ion which we talked about more than a week ago has finally arrived on AT&T as an exclusive – meaning, you will not be able to pick it up from other wireless carriers other than Ma Bell, although there is always the option of importing it from other countries overseas. Having said that, the Xperia ion will retail for $99.99 as long as you agree to a new 2-year agreement with AT&T, and you can also purchase it from Sony and Best Buy stores – retail and online included.
Just to recap, the Sony Xperia ion will come with a 4.6″ HD Reality display alongside the ability for you to use this as a multimedia powerhouse, connecting, sharing and controlling High Definition content straight from your handset across multiple displays thanks to HDMI connectivity. Apart from that, the Xperia ion comes with a 12-megapixel Fast Capture camera as well as a quick launch feature alongside a dedicated camera button. Capable of taking its first camera shot from standby in just 1.5 seconds, this is definitely a quick draw – one of the faster ones in the wild est.
For now, Sony Entertainment Network is offering AT&T customers the benefit of a 30 day free trial of Music Unlimited’s premium service with a catalog of millions of songs to choose from if you pick up the new Sony Xperia ion. Any takers?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-20: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Passes Through The FCC
- 2012-09-26: Sony Xperia Ion from AT&T receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update officially
- 2012-09-20: Android 4.0 for AT&T's Sony Xperia Ion reportedly rolling out to some users
- 2012-06-14: Sony Xperia ion arriving on AT&T 24th June for $99.99
- 2012-01-09: Sony Xperia Ion launched