The BlackBerry App World is probably the least talked about app store out of the four major ones (Google Play Store, Apple App Store, Windows Marketplace), so it’s refreshing to hear some news about it. Today, RIM announced that its BlackBerry App World finally crossed the 3 billion app download milestone. The app store also now has over 90,000 apps for download which is a pretty small figure when you take into account the Windows Marketplace which hit 100,000 apps last month and it’s been around for a shorter time period.
And of course the 3 billion downloads is nothing compared to Apple’s 25 billion or Google’s 20 billion – but it does show that there are enough apps on the BlackBerry App World to generate that many downloads so it’s not too bad. However, if RIM doesn’t bring its A-game to the table (especially in the US) with BlackBerry 10, you can be pretty sure that people aren’t going to stick around long enough to increase that download counter significantly.
- 2014-04-21 BlackBerry Classic Pegged For November Release
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry's CEO "Really Likes" The Idea Tablet
- 2014-04-20 BlackBerry 10.3 Early Build Shown Off On Video
- 2014-04-16 BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15 BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-03-27 BlackBerry Newsstand And News To Be Discontinued
- 2011-09-06 BlackBerry App World 3.0 officially released
- 2011-05-19 Twitter 2.0 for BlackBerry released today
- 2011-03-21 BlackBerry App World updated to version 18.104.22.168.
- 2011-02-02 BlackBerry App World updated to 2.1