Uh oh, it looks like there could be a possibility of a Dropbox breach or leak of its email address list. According to reports online, a number of Dropbox users have been receiving spam email in their email addresses associated with Dropbox. It all started out when they noticed that they were getting spam in their email inboxes that were set up specifically for Dropbox usage and nothing else. At the moment there’s no explanation for the cause of the leak, but Dropbox is aware of the issue and is investigating.
Here’s what Dropbox had to say about the issue:
“We‘re aware that some Dropbox users have been receiving spam to email addresses associated with their Dropbox accounts. Our top priority is investigating this issue thoroughly and updating you as soon as we can. We know it’s frustrating not to get an update with more details sooner, but please bear with us as our investigation continues.”
There’s no telling if it’s a Dropbox issue, or possibly caused by some third party apps that access Dropbox. However, we’ll keep you posted when more information about the problem is released.
Next Story: HTC Proto in the works?
- 2014-04-13 Dropbox CEO Backs Condoleezza Rice's Board Appointment
- 2014-04-10 Internet Rallies Against Condoleezza Rice's Appointment To Dropbox's Board
- 2014-04-09 Dropbox Introduces Carousel Gallery
- 2014-03-28 Dropbox Acquires Social Reader Readmill
- 2014-03-18 Dropbox May Allow Users To Switch Between Work And Personal Accounts